Sunday, November 27, 2005

 

That damn bag again

Almost everyone at stitching bitches has made the marsupial tote bag (minus the marsupial pouch part) from SnB. Some people are even on their fourth or fifth bag. And since many of us work on the same floor on campus, one of the professors said "if I see that damn bag one more time . . ." last time he saw one finished. I don't have pictures of everybody's, but here are a few:


clockwise: Sybille with her first two bags, Alexis with her first two bags (and a dashing scarf for her boyfriend), Erin with her bag (that she made a lining for too but you can't see it (and she made a really little version of the bag that she blocked with DVDs with the leftover yarn in the reverse colors)), and Christiane working on her first bag (and I've lost count of how many she's made since).


So I tried to branch away from the same old bag, but I attempted to make the "Letter Have It" bag for my sister from SnB Nation and it was too hard for me. I need to take a class on intarsia because I just didn't have the patience for it and it can't be that hard. So I gave up and made that damn bag again.


Keyser loves to provide scale for felting.


Erin brought over her sewing machine and helped me make a lining. And by helped I mean did it for me beautifully while I watched. I am excited to get a sewing machine and learn how to sew one of these days. I like the fabrics I picked out, especially the silly monkey fabric on the bottom that doesn't match. I sent it to my sister with the monkey in the picture.



I am very excited because she likes it a lot and actually uses it. And her best friend wants me to make her one too. I guess I'll have to get a sewing machine for Christmas so I can make the lining.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?