Saturday, March 18, 2006

 

America's next top (baby) model

Many, many months ago, I started a baby hat for baby Noah. I finished it about a year late, so it was a happy first birthday present instead of a new baby present. The pattern is from the Debbie Bliss Baby Knits Book.


Caution: Baby adorableness may cause uterus aching


The reason it took me so long to make the hat is that I kept ripping out the beginning because the ear flaps looked wonky to me and also when instructed to "pick up and knit" stitches, that's what I did, instead of just picking up the stitches and NOT knitting them, the way Debbie Stoller explains in Stitch 'N Bitch because knitting instructions can be a pain in the ass and not at all intuitive. This was the first hat that I have knit that is done flat and then seamed up, and now that I have gotten over all my issues with it, I would knit it again. There are also matching socks, which I bought the yarn for as well, but I had some difficulties getting started which may or may not have been wine related. Perhaps they will be a second birthday present.




Apparently Noah does not like wearing hats, but he was kind enough to model my handiwork so that Robert could take some pictures to send me. What a cutie! Thanks, Noah!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?