Friday, May 12, 2006

 

oh knitting, how I've missed you

I've been going through my pictures because I never delete anything and I have gagillabyte of images on my laptop. And I found some pictures of gifted presents that I never posted. So instead of taking pictures of new things, I will post old things.


hats for a baby head


These are two baby hats (umbilical hat pattern from SnB) that I made for my physical therapist. The yellow one is made from Rowan Handknit Cotton and the green one is made from Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. She chose not to know the gender, so that's why I made two. I think that is a bold and exciting thing to do, to be surprised, and I think when I ever get around to having babies I will do the same thing, if only to piss off my family and all my friends who are attached to gender-specific baby gear. She turned out to be a girl, and she looks very cute in the pictures she has sent me. And I love giving baby hats in those little IKEA boxes. mwah mwah, IKEA.


lots of scarves!


And oh, the novelty yarn scarves for Christmas. First is Bryan's mom with a keyhole scarf made out of Lion Brand Fun Fur, then Bryan's sister with a drop stitch scarf made with a railroad-y ribbon yarn and Crystal Palace KidMerino with crystal beads in the fringe (technically I still haven't finished that one, sorry Cheryl! (damn those little beads)), and pretty much the same scarf but with Southwest Trading Company Melody with some silvery Kidsilk Haze and crystal beads in the fringe for my oldest friend Wendy.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?